By accessing the Payant's website, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms of service, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this website are protected by applicable copyright and trademark law.
2. Use License
Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on Payant's website for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on Payant's website;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or "mirror" the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Payant at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
- The materials on Payant's website are provided on an 'as is' basis. Payant makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties including, without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights.
- Further, Payant does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its website or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall Payant or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on Payant's website, even if Payant or a Payant authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Accuracy of materials
The materials appearing on Payant's website could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Payant does not warrant that any of the materials on its website are accurate, complete or current. Payant may make changes to the materials contained on its website at any time without notice. However Payant does not make any commitment to update the materials.
Payant has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its website and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Payant of the site. Use of any such linked website is at the user's own risk.
Payant may revise these terms of service for its website at any time without notice. By using this website you are agreeing to be bound by the then current version of these terms of service.
8. Governing Law
These terms and conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Kaduna State of Nigeria and you irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in that State or location.
9. Prohibited and Requiring Pre-Approval Merchant Types
Payant shall not solicit or sign agreements with merchants or sub-merchants (i) in any of the following categories/businesses, or (ii) engaging in any of the following activities unless Payant is entering into a broad-based program with a recognized referral, technology or marketplace partner that specializes in these types of activities or businesses and such program is pre-approved by Payant in its sole discretion:
- Age Restricted Products or Services.
- Any merchant where the anticipated % of International Card Sales is expected to be greater than 10% of total sales.
- Bail Bond Services or Bankruptcy Lawyers.
- Crowd Sourced Fundraising, as defined by Payant from time to time, except however, Crowd Sourced Fundraising shall not be allowed for the purchase of stock or equity, a promise made to deliver a good or service in the future, or there is no consideration in return for the payment or donation.
- Dating Services.
- Personal Enhancement Products and/or Nutraceuticals.
10. Prohibited Merchants
Payant shall not solicit or sign agreements with merchants or sub-merchants (i) in any of the following categories/businesses, or (ii) engaging in any of the following activities as may be updated by Payant in its sole discretion from time to time as they are Prohibited by Payant and/or the Card Brand rules:
- Any product, service or activity that is deceptive, unfair, predatory or prohibited by one or more Card Brands.
- Any Merchant selling goods or services that represent a violation of any law, statute or regulation.
- Any Merchant selling products that infringe on the intellectual property rights of others, including counterfeit goods or any product or service that infringes on the copyright, trademark or trade secrets of any third party, such as many Cyberlockers.
- Any Merchant accepting a card as payment for a dishonored check or for an item deemed uncollectible by another merchant.
- Any Merchant that accepts a card at a scrip-dispensing terminal.
- Adult entertainment and/or adult content websites including Electronic Commerce adult content (videotext) merchants that would include MCC’s 5967, 7273 and 7841.
- Brand or Reputational damaging, potential or otherwise, activities including Escort Services, Mail Order Brides, Occult.
- Digital Wallet, Cryptocurrency or Prepaid Companies.
- Drug Paraphernalia.
- Firearms and weapons including Ammunition.
- Internet/Mail Order Pharmacies.
- Investment or “get rich quick” merchants, businesses or programs.
- Marijuana dispensaries and related products or services.
- Multi-Level Marketing Businesses.
- “Negative option” marketing, renewal, or continuity subscription practices; marketing activities involving low-dollar trails, “pay only for shipping,” and/or “free trial” periods after which a credit card is charged periodically and/or a significantly larger amount.
- Pawn Shops.
- Pseudo Pharmaceuticals.
- Psychics and “occult” businesses.
- Quasi-Cash or Stored Value.
- Substances designed to mimic illegal drugs.
- Transacting Virtual Currency or credits that can be monetized, re-sold or converted to physical or digital goods or services or otherwise exit the virtual world.